Hands-on Introduction to Nanotechnology for Educators
Join us and explore the world of nanotechnology! Participants will learn about:
This workshop is designed for
- The growing applications of nano in industries including: biotechnology, MEMS, optoelectronics, and many more!
- The basics of nanofabrication processes and tools.
- A tour of class 10 cleanrooms in the Penn State Nanofabrication Facility and the CNEU Teaching Cleanroom.
: Post-Secondary, Secondary Science, Technology, and Vocational-Technical Educators; Guidance Counselors; School Administrators, and others.
Financial support may be available to qualified applicants.
- Interested in implementing a nano program or courses in your home institution?
- Interested in learning what NACK is doing in Pennsylvania?
- A two-year institution? Or, a four year institution in partnership with a two-year or technical school?
- A secondary science, technology or vocational technical teacher, administrator or counselor that teaches or is involved in the administration of the STEM curriculum at your institution?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then you can apply for participant support funding!
Please provide a letter of support from an administrator at your institution.
This letter should:
Attn: Sue Barger
- Recommend your attendance
- Affirm your institution's interest in learning more about nanotechnology for potential implementation into courses and/or programs.
Fax, mail or email the completed application along with your letter of support to:
The Pennsylvania State University
Center for Nanotechnology Education and Utilization
118 Research West
University Park, PA 16802
Curriculum Delivery Workshops
A series of two workshops, the Nanotechnology Course Resource Workshops (formerly known as our "Train the Trainer" Workshops) were created to provide faculty with:
- Resources (labs, presentations, and more) and
- Guidance needed to effectively teach undergraduate nanotechnology courses.
it does not matter which workshop is attended first.
These workshops are designed for
post-secondary faculty and administrators.
Nanotechnology Course Resources I: Safety,
Processing, and Materials
This workshop focuses on: Materials, Safety, and Equipment Overview, Basic Nanotechnology Processes, and Materials in Nanotechnology.
Nanotechnology Course Resources II: Patterning,
Characterization, and Applications
This workshop focuses on: Patterning for Nanotechnology, Materials Modification for Nanotechnology Applications, and Characterization, Testing of Nanotechnology Structures and Materials.
Applicants who are accepted for the curriculum delivery workshops will be granted a fellowship to attend. The fellowship is valued at $1,700 and includes:
- workshop registration fee,
- travel (airfare up to $750),
Space is limited, register early!